Skip to main content

Corundum & Labradorite


Labradorite - encaustic w/mixed media 2009


 
Corundum - encaustic/w mixed media 2009

I am featuring two gems today: Corundum & Labradorite. Both stones reflect multiple colors. I think these two are good companion pieces as well. I am feeling the desire to paint today but it's not likely going to happen. I have too much going on with the opening on Thursday and guests arriving from out of town. I really feel it when I am away from the studio. Time spent creating helps keep me centered and I look forward to firing things up again after this crazy busy week. Tomorrow’s gem: Opal

Comments

M said…
Love Labradorite . Of course the name of our province is Newfoundland and Labrador!
Alicia Tormey said…
Thanks Margaret. I would love to visit there someday!
ZenDotStudio said…
gorgeous work. makes me feel like I'm out on the beach or in the forest or deep sea diving, it's the natural world transferred to board or canvas, not sure which you're using here. Great inspirational ideas too.
Thanks for this!
Alicia Tormey said…
ZenDot - Thank you for your kind comments and observations about my art. I just visited your blog and thought "what beautiful, colorful and peaceful imagery".