Skip to main content

Summer by the Sea

Tidal Rhythms 2008 - encaustic w/mixed media 20" x 24"

Tidal Rhythms detail

I wanted to share these images from a new painting called Tidal Rhythms. This piece was inspired by a walk along my neighborhood pier. As I looked down into the water I saw these beautiful kelp heads floating gracefully near the surface and the sunlight was penetrating and surrounding them with this ethereal glow. I knew immiedatly that I had to paint this experince. I tried to recreate the feeling of that moment based on memory. When I look at this painting now I am reminded of that walk and the beautiful light of that summer day. I will be showing this painting along with other recent pieces in August at the Pacini Lubel Gallery in Seattle. Next week I will start posting some preview photos for my upcoming show at the Gilman Contemporary in Sun Valley, Idaho.

Comments

On a Whimsey said…
Just beautiful! Ironically I have an encaustic painting called Tidal Movement for sale in my Etsy shop!!